I am a BACP Accredited psychotherapist and clinical supervisor. Over the last 14 years, I have provided counselling in a host of settings, ranging from the private sector to the NHS.
Most of my work has been face-to-face with individuals but I also work with couples, groups and over Skype.
My experience has shown me that all people have the power within them to change and grow. In therapy, I offer a supportive, warm and honest relationship, enabling you to explore your struggles and gain a greater self-understanding. This understanding can bring you an enhanced sense of wellbeing and a strengthened connection to your inner power.
Although my therapeutic style is person-centred at heart, I am flexible in my approach.This means I can adapt sessions to your individual needs, bringing aspects of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis, and others into our work. Feel free to ask me if you want to know more about this.
I have worked with both adults and young people from diverse backgrounds and with differing issues, such as:
- Anger and aggression
- Depression, anxiety and low self-esteem
- Dealing with chronic illness and approaching the end of life
- Experiences on both sides of Domestic Violence
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Addictions, including alcohol and food. Also, affected family members.
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Bipolar Disorder
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder